This open-ended craft encourages preschool students to work together as they each paint and decorate a specific part of a tree branch to create one big beautiful and colorful tree-limb.
This craft requires only some supplies (listed below) and was very popular at the Seven Steps Child Care and Preschool pictured!
Kids did some open ended art and crafts and it turned out so beautiful
Supply List for Painting a Branch:
- A big tree-branch
- Tempera Paints of a variety of colors (one for each student)
- Paint brushes
- Pom poms
How to Do the Craft
1. Give each student one color of paint and assign them a specific part of the tree-branch that is theirs.
2. Students then get to paint their part of the tree-branch with their color until everyone has painted it.
3. Give you students the colorful pom poms and glue, let them glue the pom poms on their part of the branch (or just let them glue pom poms wherever they like, whatever the preschool class prefers).
4. You now have a beautiful and colorful tree branch the students made by learning to work together on their crafting!