At Method Child Development Center they took pre-built birdhouses and painted them for fun! It’s a great Summer craft to do as the birds start laying their eggs!
Materials Needed for Birdhouse Painting
To do the birdhouse painting you will need the following:
- Old newspapers or a large sheet of regular paper (to catch any drips or spills)
- A pre-built birdhouse
- Paint (tempera or acrylic works best)
- Containers to hold the paint
How to do Birdhouse Painting
To do the birdhouse painting activity follow these steps:
- Lay down your old newspapers/large sheet of regular paper and put all your supplies atop them.
- Take your paintbrush and get paint on it.
- Begin painting your birdhouse–you can do a design or whatever you like!
- Paint the entire birdhouse.
- Wait for the paint on the birdhouse to dry.
- Hang your birdhouse outside and wait for birds to lay eggs in it!
Source for Photos: Method Child Development Center