At Courtyard Early Learning Center they had so much fun doing a fun craft where they made a cactus out of construction paper and then used a fork to paint-on its pins!
Materials needed for the craft
To do your own cactus making craft you will need:
- Any color construction paper for mounting (yellow or orange works well to look like a desert)
- Green construction paper (this will be your cactus)
- Dark green paint or brown paint (tempera or acrylic works well)
- Paper plate
- Plastic fork
How to do the cactus making craft
Follow these steps to make your own cactus:
- Take your green construction paper and cut it into the shape of a cactus.
- Glue your cactus onto your construction paper that you are using for mounting.
- Wait for the glue to dry.
- Squirt your paint onto the paper plate.
- Dip your plastic fork into the paint and use it as a paintbrush to draw lines on your cactus–these look like the pins found on real-life cacti!
- Repeat painting the lines until you are done.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Display your cactus you made!
Source for photos: Courtyard Early Learning Center