Bright Path Kids is a daycare in Canada. They shared this fun craft activity you can do with your child where you make cars and a street for them to drive on out of cardboard and other craft supplies!
Materials Needed to Make Your Own Cardboard Cars
To make your own cardboard cars you will need these materials:
- Paint (tempera or acrylic works well)
- Plastic bottle caps
- A large piece of cardboard to paint on
- A piece of cardboard to cut shapes out of
How to Make Your Own Cardboard Cars
To make your own cardboard cars follow these steps:
- Use your paint on the large piece of cardboard to paint a scene with a road. You can paint trees, traffic lights, and whatever else you like too!
- On your piece of cardboard for cutting out shapes, cut out as many car shapes as you would like, generally 4 is best. Leave holes for the wheels.
- Paint each car one color one it has been cut out.
- Paint two plastic bottle caps each color to match the cars.
- Put the cars on your big scene and place wheels that match the colors under them.
- You can now move your cars along the scene and watch as the wheels turn just like real car wheels!
Source for Photos: (BrightPathKids_) Bright Path Kids