Adventures in Learning Preschool in Orange County, California shared on their Instagram this fun threading activity that involves using cardboard paper tubes and straws! With just a few items you can do this at home with your preschooler too!
Materials Needed for the Cardboard Tube and Straws Threading Activity
To do this activity you will need the following items (also pictured above):
- Cardboard tubes from toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- Plastic straws
- A Hole Punch
- Scissors (optional)
How to Assemble the Cardboard Tube and Straws Threading Activity
- Cut the cardboard tubes in half so they are not too long if needed.
- Use the hole punch to make holes opposite from one another all around the tube.
- Cut the straws in half so they are not too long (if wanted).f
- Get ready to have fun threading the straws through the holes of the paper tubes! This activity is fantastic for developing fine motor skills.
Source for Photos: Adventures in Learning Preschool