At Creative Learning Center Preschool and Infant Care LLC they mixed various colors of paint together and guessed what kinds of colors they would create!
Materials needed for the color mixing experiment
To do this experiment you will need:
- Sheet of white construction paper
- Permanent marker
- Various colors of paint (tempera or acrylic works well)
How to do the color mixing experiment
To do this color mixing experiment follow these steps:
- Put two different colors of paint in front of the child.
- Ask the child to guess what color these two paints will make when combined.
- Write down their answer with the permanent marker and make a big circle with it too.
- Have the child mix the two colors of paint with their paintbrush in the circle and see what color it makes!
- Note down the results.
- Repeat the steps with different colors of paint!
Source for photos: Creative Learning Center Preschool and Infant Care LLC