At Community Preschool and Childcare they made their own butterfly feeders that after being decorated could be put outside to attract butterflies!
Materials Needed for DIY Butterfly Feeders
To make a DIY butterfly feeder you will need the following:
- A small paper plate or plastic lid
- A hole punch or sharp pen/pencil
- Nectar (like the kind bought at a store for hummingbird feeders)
How to Make Your DIY Butterfly Feeder
To make your DIY butterfly feeder follow these steps:
- Take your small paper plate/plastic lid and punch four holes around it with your hole punch/sharp pen or pencil.
- Take four pieces of string and put them in the loops (knot them in there).
- At the other end of the string, start putting on beads until it is decorated how you like.
- Tie all four stings into a knot together at the other end to keep the beads from falling off!
- Take the top knotted part and hang it from a tree.
- Add some nectar to attract butterflies and watch as they come to your DIY feeder!
Source for Photos: Community Preschool and Childcare