During the Summer a lot of stores sell water tables. These can be expensive, however, so making your own water table can be a great idea too, as illustrated by The Children’s Hour Preschool!
How to Make Your Own Water Table
To make your own water table you can use a wide range of household items in a fun and different way! Some of the tools great for a water table are…
- A large plastic tub–to fill with the water you’ll be playing with.
- Buckets–for dumping and filling with water.
- Strainers–to scoop-up water and watch as it drains out.
- Cups–for more dumping and filling.
- Bathtime toys–to play with in a new setting!
- Kitchen utensils such as spoons and ladles–for moving around in the water.
- Anything else you can think of works great too!
By doing a DIY water table you not only save money, but you also encourage your children to be creative with items that they normally may not think of using with a water table. It is economical and fun!
Source for Photos: The Children’s Hour Preschool