At SolBe Learning Boston they had fun practicing their letter recognition skills so they could spell their names. They used magnetic letters and dry erase boards!
Materials needed for this activity
To do this activity you will need:
- Dry erase board
- Dry erase marker
- Magnetic letters
How to do the dry erase board letter recognition activity
To do this activity you should follow these steps:
- Have the child take the dry erase board and their dry erase marker.
- Give them a magnetic letter that is the first letter of their name and which should stick to their dry erase board.
- Have them write the letter you gave them down.
- Give the child the next letter of their name to clip on their dry erase board.
- Have them write this letter.
- Repeat these steps until the child has written their whole name.
- Continue this activity with other names or words as desired!
Source for photos: SolBe Learning Boston