At Starting Blocks Preschool they made egg carton caterpillars! This is the time of year Caterpillars emerge to eat a bunch of food and then turn into butterflies so it is a very topical craft!
Materials Needed for the Egg Carton Caterpillar Activity
To do this activity you will need:
- Egg carton
- Paint (tempera or acrylic works well)
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
How to Do the Egg Carton Caterpillar Activity
To make your own egg carton caterpillar follow these steps:
- Take your egg carton and cut it in half along the fold where it opens and closes.
- Cut that halve into a fourth.
- Take one of the fourths and flip it upside down.
- At one end of the egg carton glue on the googly eyes.
- Put the pipe cleaners at the end with the googly eyes–these are the caterpillar’s antenna!
- Begin panting the egg carton with whatever colors you would like.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Display your egg carton caterpillar for all to admire!
Source for Photos: Starting Blocks Preschool