July 4th just happened and at Cadence Academy Preschool they celebrated the holiday by doing a fun firework paint stamping activity perfect for young children learning how to properly use their motor skills!
Materials needed for the firework paint stamping activity
To do this activity you will need:
- Black sheet of construction paper
- Four drinking straws with bendy tops
- Red, white, and blue paint (acrylic or tempera works well)
- Thin dishes to hold the paints
How to do the firework paint stamping activity
To do this activity follow these steps:
- Take your red, white, and blue paint and pour them each into a thin dish.
- Take your straws and tape them together, with the bendy side at the bottom poking out from each straw.
- Dip your taped straw group bendy side down into your paint.
- Stamp the paint-dripped straw group on your black sheet of construction paper, it will look like a firework!
- Repeat the stamping with all the colors until you are done.
- Wait for the paint to dry and display your creation with pride!
Source for Photos: Cadence Academy Preschool