At Cadence Academy Preschool, The Colony, they read the popular story, “The Fox and the Grapes,” and then created their own gorgeous handprint & fingerprint grapes!
Materials needed for the handprint & fingerprint grapes
To do this craft you will need:
- Green and white construction paper
- Green and purple paint (acrylic or tempera works well)
How to make handprint & fingerprint grapes
To make your own handprint & fingerprint grapes follow these steps:
- Take your green piece of construction paper and grab your green paint.
- Put green paint all over one of your hands.
- Press your paint-covered hand onto the green construction paper.
- Wait for the paint to dry and cut out your handprint, then put this piece of paper aside.
- Take your white piece of construction paper and cut an oval shape out of it.
- Take your cut-out piece and grab your purple paint.
- Dip your index finger in the purple paint and then dab it on the white piece of construction paper you cut out.
- Continue to dab your finger until the paper is covered in little purple dots that look like grapes.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Glue the green handprint you cut-out under the edge of your paper that looks like grapes–now it looks like leaves by your grapes!
- Your handprint & fingerprint grapes craft is complete!
Source for photo: Cadence Academy Preschool, The Colony