At Trinity Preschool Mount Prospect, they had fun with an Irish-themed sensory table! This kind of sensory table perfectly fits the theme of discussing the country of Ireland if doing a unit on countries around the World, or as a part of a Saint Patrick’s Day celebration.
Materials needed for the Irish-themed sensory table
To do this sensory table you should have:
- A large tub/bin to hold everything
- fake grass (can be paper, plastic, etc.)
- Decorative shamrocks
- Little pots (for holding gold)
- Toy gold coins
- Anything else you can think of
How to do the Irish-themed sensory table
To have fun with this Irish-themed sensory table follow these steps:
- Take your large tub/bin and dump everything in it
- Have the children play in it.
- You can give them challenges while they are playing such as, “Count 5 gold coins,” or, “Find 4 shamrocks,” to work on their skills.
- Enjoy the sensory table and when done dispose of everything/clean everything appropriately.
Source for photos: Trinity Preschool Mount Prospect