Educator Sarah Dann shared this fun activity themed for July 4th where you take a white t-shirt and transform it into a patriotic design!
Materials Needed to Make the July 4th Shirt
To make this July 4th shirt you will need:
- A white t-shirt
- Red and Blue Paint that is nonwashable (tempera or acrylic works great)
- A paintbrush
- Painters tape or masking tape
- A piece of cardboard
How to Make the July 4th Shirt
Follow these steps to make the July 4th shirt:
- Use the tape to design the shape of a flag with the stripes.
- Put the piece of cardboard inside the shirt (this keeps paint bleeding through to the back).
- Use the red paint and paintbrush to make the stripes.
- Put blue paint on your hand and put it in the top left corner.
- Let the paint dry.
- Remove the tape and wear your July 4th shirt with pride!
Source for pictures: Sarah Dann