Daisy Hill Preschool (@Daisypreschool) in Westhoughton, Bolton (United Kingdom) had their student Joshua share with them a fun activity he did with his family! They examined which toys would sink and which would float. You can do this at home too!
Materials Needed to Determine Which Toys Will Sink or Float
To do this activity you will just need:
- Water to fill the tubs with.
- A variety of toys that are safe to put in the water
How To Find Out if Toys or Sink Will Float
To do this activity and find out if your toys will sink or float do the following:
- Gather all your materials.
- Pick up a toy with your preschooler, ask them if they think it will sink or float. Discuss why they have the opinion they do.
- Put the toy in the water and see if it sinks or floats!
- Repeat with all your toys that are safe to put in the water.
Images Source: Daisy Hill Preschool