If you are engaging in long-distance learning with preschool students it can be a challenge! The key is to make sure you do activities that are sure to keep their attention such as the assortment discussed below.
Zoom Video Communications – remote conferencing service that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration. Wikipedia
Long-Distacne Learning Activities to Do With Preschoolers Over Zoom
- Have a dance party where you play music and everyone gets some energy out!
- Read a fun storybook to the students.Use character cards to tell the story of a book.
- Read a book created by students through collaborative storytelling.
- Use puppets to recite books or sing songs.
- Engage in fingerplays with DIY puppets.
- Ask a, “Question of the Day,” students answer with a thumbs-up or thumbs-down.
- Do a syllable game where you say a word and everyone claps how many syllables it has.
- Show a picture card and have everyone say other words that rhyme with the picture (a picture of a cat could rhyme with bat or mat).
- Do a class survey where everyone offers their opinion on something and you make a graph.
Photo: Apex Peak Preschoo, @apexpeakschools NC, United States, www.apexpeakschools.com