At Creative Learning Center Preschool and Infant Care LLC they did a fun art activity where they took construction paper cut into different shapes and sizes and then glued them onto a white piece of paper to create a picture/scene. The teacher could name certain things to create–“Make a horse out of the shapes,” and the students had great fun making images!
Materials needed for this art activity
To do this art activity you will need:
- Construction paper of various colors
- White paper
How to do this art activity
Follow these steps to do the art activity:
- Take the construction paper of various colors and cut out an assortment of shapes in different sizes.
- Give your child/students a white piece of paper and the assorted shapes you cut out.
- Name an object/animal/item they can make out of the shapes and watch as they glue the shapes to make what you requested.
- Continue naming things to make out of the shapes until you’re done.
- Wait for the glue to dry and have everyone share their creations!
Source for photos: Creative Learning Center Preschool and Infant Care LLC