At Connecticut Friends Preschool in Wilton, Connecticut they did a craft inspired by the book, “Perfect Square,” by author Michael Hall where they made their own imperfect squares for fun!
Materials Needed to Make Your Own Imperfect Squares
You can do this activity by gathering these materials:
- Construction paper for mounting
- Construction paper for cutting
- A hole punch
How to Make Your Own Imperfect Squares
Once you have all the materials needed, follow these steps to make imperfect squares:
- Take your construction paper for cutting and cut out square shapes, but they don’t have to be perfect, make them kind of, “Off.”
- Use your hole punch to poke little holes in the square (just like in the story)
- Use your markers/pens to draw all over your imperfect square.
- Glue your imperfect square onto your construction paper for mounting.
- Keep making imperfect squares to mount until you are done!
Source for Photos: Connecticut Friends Preschool