At Polam School in Bedford, United Kingdom, their preschool students had an awesome time learning about how to make treasure map pizzas via a live video demo with their teachers. The children watched how to make the treasure map pizzas and then crafted them at home with their parents!
What Is a Treasure Map Pizza?
A treasure map pizza is made by crafting a pizza that looks just like an old treasure map–the kind pirates used to have hundreds of years ago! By cleverly putting ingredients upon the pizza, it can look just like a treasure map with a starting spot, a trail, obstacles, and a little, “X,” marking the spot of treasure made out of ingredients!
Ingredients Needed For a Treasure Map Pizza
To create a treasure map pizza you can be creative with your ingredients and use almost anything tasty you want. You will, however, still need things such as pizza dough, tomato sauce, and cheese. You don’t have to make your own dough or anything as complex as that–you can buy pizza-making kits at almost any grocery store and then use your own ingredients for creating the, “Treasure map.”
How to Make Your Treasure Map Pizza
To make your treasure map pizza follow these steps:
- Begin by gathering all your ingredients.
- Make your pizza dough/get it prepared if using a kit.
- Roll out your pizza dough and if you’re using a kit follow the steps for spreading tomato sauce.
- Once your pizza has sauce upon it, begin making your treasure map with ingredients! Use whatever you like to create a pizza that looks just like a treasure map from the past!
- Put your pizza in the oven until it is cooked (follow directions if using a kit to know the correct temperature).
- Pull your pizza out of the oven and let it cool.
- Eat your tasty treasure map pizza!
Photo: Polam School