At Loving and Learning Educational Center they did a fun activity for one of their centers–they had their toddlers find their names in the, “Snow.” The used magnetic letter tiles and packing peanuts (which looks like snow) for the activity and it was very popular with the children.
Materials Needed for the Name Finding in the, “Snow,” Activity
To do this activity you simply need the following materials:
- A plastic container
- Packing peanuts
- Magnetic alphabet tiles/alphabet puzzle letters/any kind of large letters
How to do the Name Finding in the, “Snow,” Activity
In order to have fun with this activity follow these steps:
- Dump the packing peanut and alphabet tiles/puzzle letters into the container.
- Tell your toddler they are going to dig through the pretend, “Snow,” to find the letters that spell their name.
- Help your toddler identify the correct letters that spell their name.
- After they have taken out all the needed letters have your toddler put them in order on the floor!
Source for Photos: Loving and Learning Educational Center