These ocean-themed fish pattern worksheets are a fantastic way for young children to learn how to recognize and then continue a pattern.
To do this worksheet, children need to identify an ocean-themed pattern and then cut and paste the necessary images to continue and finish the patterns.
While doing this worksheet you can discuss what of the patterns are fish and what are other kinds of sea creatures. Many fascinating animals are found in the Ocean, after all, not just fish!
How to Download the Files
The file package can be downloaded completely for free! Click here to see more
While doing this worksheet you can talk about certain fun ocean facts:
- Coral Reefs are all over the ocean, with the Great Barrier Reef being the biggest at 1,400 miles/2,300 kilometers.
- Seahorses are unique in that females give males the eggs and males give birth to them!
- The biggest fish in the ocean is the whale shark. The name is a bit misleading however as actual whales like the Great White and Sperm Whale are actually mammals!
- Dolphins are known for being extremely smart, but one little-known fact about them is how they have two stomachs.
- Oceans actually cover 70% of the Earth’s surface; that’s a lot of water!
- Lobsters, on average, life up to 20 years, that’s longer than cats or dogs!
- Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds–humans have only 9,000.
- While most fish lay eggs, some give live birth to pups–the Great White Shark being one example.