In real-life ice is very slick and a fun texture. This activity from Pocket of Preschool uses clear wrap (like saran wrap) to make pretend ice that children can then enjoy painting upon, making snow and ice-themed images! It is simple to do at home as well.
Materials Needed to Paint on, “Ice.”
- To do this painting activity you will need:
- Clear wrap like saran wrap
- A large piece of construction paper or cardboard to wrap the saran wrap around
- White and blue paint (Acrylic and Tempera work well)
- Dish soap (optional)
How to Paint on, “Ice.”
To do the painting on, “Ice,” activity follow these steps:
- After gathering your materials put the clear wrap on your paper/cardboard, make sure it is wrapped tight.
- Use your paint brushes to spread the blue and white paint on your, “Ice.” Notice how it is slick!
- Once you are done painting, you can add some drops of dish soap to make sure the paint sticks when it dries.
- Display your painting for all to enjoy!
Source for Photos: Pocket of Preschool