At Cadence Academy Preschool they listened to a classic story (“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,”) and then as a group used markers and a large sheet of paper to illustrate the story they heard! It was a great project for expressing creativity and encouraging teamwork.
Materials needed for this group activity
To do this group activity you will need:
- A story to read the children (a classic one with interesting characters or animal characters that are fun to draw is recommended)
- Multiple large sheets of paper
How to do the group activity
To do this group activity follow these steps:
- Have all the children sit and listen to the story you read to them.
- Instruct the children they are going to work together as a group to draw the story.
- Supervise the children as they grab their drawing tools and make sure they work together and compromise/don’t argue.
- Once everyone is done have the children describe how they drew the story and collaborated!
Source for photos: Cadence Academy Preschool