At Kids Stop Daycare and Preschool in Flowood, Mississippi they did a fun painting activity with their toddlers! They painted the sky with bright blues and the yellow sun shining too.
Materials Needed to do the Sunshine Painting Activity
To do your own sunshine painting activity with your toddler you need the following items:
- A white canvas
- Blue and yellow paint (tempera or acrylic works best)
- Paintbrushes (optional)
- Paint tray (optional)
- A permanent marker
How to Do the Sunshine Painting Activity
As this activity is meant for toddlers it is pretty straightforward in terms of steps:
- Place the canvas on a table
- Squirt some blue paint in the tray or directly on the canvas and have your toddler spread it with a paintbrush, or if they do not want to use a paintbrush they can use their hands!
- After the blue paint has dried some, squirt the yellow paint and let your toddler spread it around to make the shape of the sun.
- Let everything dry and write, “My sunshine,” at the bottom of the painting.
- Show-off your toddler’s great creation!
Source for Photos: Kids Stop Daycare and Preschool