At Down to Earth Preschool they did a fun activity where they used watercolor paints to turn a wad of cotton into a colorful cloud! If you do the activity in the Winter you can call it snow and in the Summer calling it a cloud makes sense–it is a great activity year-round!
Materials Needed for Watercolor Cotton Cloud Painting
To do this activity You Will Need:
- A chunk of cotton
- A plastic tub or plate to hold the cotton/put the cotton on
- A watercolor painting kit
- A small container of water
How to Do Watercolor Cotton Cloud Painting
To do the watercolor cotton cloud painting follow these steps:
- Put your chunk of cotton in a plastic tub or on a plate.
- Get your watercolor painting kit and make your brush wet.
- Use the watercolor painting kit to gently paint the cotton cloud and make it colorful.
- Once the cotton is full of color you can wait for the paint to dry and admire your creation!
Source for Photos: Down to Earth Preschool