All of these educational materials such as photos from lesson, ideas, worksheets, and printables are added to our website by teachers. These themes can be viewed and downloaded for free!
Join Teachers Mag and you too can post your crafts, ideas, photos, and work and draw from the creations of others to further build your skills.
Preschool Themes For Your Class
Below is an assortment of themes for your preschool that you can use to help plan-out your year’s activities!
- Apple Theme. Whether you are doing taste tests, making art inspired by apples, or picking them, there is so much that can be done with apples. Doing this activity is perfect for the Fall (apple-picking season) and we have a bunch of related preschool activities for you.
- Animal Theme (Wild Animals)
- Animal Habitats
- All About Me
- Arctic Animals Theme
- Ambulance (Doctor Theme)
- Around the world
- ABC Theme
- Letter A
- Bat Activities
- Bear Theme
- Beach Theme (Ocean, Fish)
- Bugs and Insects Theme (Caterpillars, butterflies)
- Bible Theme
- Letter B
- Camping Theme. Camping is so fun–you can set-up a tent, tell stories in the dark with flashlights, and make s’mores! Turning your classroom or play-area into a campground and using our camping-themed lesson plans can turn a normal room into an exciting night in nature!
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Circus Theme
- Clothes Theme
- Colors Theme
- Columbus Day
- Community Helpers
- Chinese New Year
- Letter C
- Dental Health Theme. All of these posts cover the subject of dental health and having good hygiene for our teeth. There is everything from classroom activities to worksheets!
- Dinosaurs Theme. These preschool dinosaur activities will add some dino-themed fun to your classroom while you discuss paleontological facts, such as which dinosaurs ate meat and which only ate plants. Includes a free printable activity download!
- Doctor Theme (Ambulance)
- Dot Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Letter D
- Election Day
- Eric Carle Theme. This is a theme that involves having your preschool study one of Eric Carle’s illustrated books. All you have to do is grab an Eric Carle book which you love and you can spend weeks making exciting activities and content themed around the book/books!
- Letter E
- Fall Theme. Preschool and kindergarten theme ideas for Fall! + Leaves Activity + Pumpkin Theme
- Farm Theme. All of these posts are related to a farm theme. Farms are great places full of animals, equipment, barns, and things like hay.
- Five Senses Theme. Our five senses are a big part of our day-to-day lives and can be very exciting for a preschool to discuss. Whether learning about tasting, touching, smelling, hearing, or feeling/touching it turns our everyday sensations into something extra-fun!
- Feelings and Emotions
- Fire Safety Theme
- Food Groups (Food Activities)
- Friendship Theme
- Frog theme
- Fruits and Vegetables Theme. If you want a theme that is a lot more than simply apples( as discussed above) why not discuss the a wide-range of fruits and vegetables? It is exciting to discuss what makes each of them different, how they are grown, why they taste different, and the reasons they are good for our bodies.
- Halloween Theme. Halloween is known for at times being a bit scary, however it also be very sweet and full of fun! Holidays are perfect for preschools to have a special themed week loaded with fun and learning. Check-out our ghosts which is very cute and sure to be quite the crowd-pleaser!
- Hibernation Theme
- Ice Cream Theme. Almost all kids these days adore ice cream and think of it as a particularly yummy treat, so it is quite the, “Sweet idea,” to use ice cream as a theme with your preschool class!
- International Day of Peace
- Ice Theme (Winter Theme)
- Lemon Theme. Summer is known for being full of fun. It has pools, beaches,exciting trips, and in addition a bunch of ice-cold lemonade. This name-recognition activity with a pool noodle works perfectly with the lemon theme and can be used when the school-year is ending or also used if kids are attending preschool during the Summertime months.
- Nocturnal Animals Theme. ( Owl Theme, Bat Activities ) There are all kinds of nocturnal animals (the kind that stay-up all night and sleep all day). From bats and hedgehogs to owl and certain kinds of cats there are many to talk about. This is fun theme for your preschool that will allow your class to learn a lot about these fascinating late-light creatures.
- Nutrition (Food Activities, Cooking Activity)
- Ocean Theme – One great addition to your school curriculum that is quite fun is a discussion of the ocean and all its creatures. You can engage in sensory play, work with shells or sea stars in a sensory bin themed for the ocean, and do even more!
- Olympic Theme
- Owl Theme
- Painting Activities
- Playdough Activities
- Paper Plate Craft
- Pets Theme
- Picnic (Camping Theme)
- Planting Seeds (Plant Theme)
- Pond Life
- Presidents Day (Patriotic Crafts)
- Pumpkin Theme
- Recycling Theme (Same as Earth Day) – Recycle, reuse, reduce. Recycling has become an important part of most of our daily lives here on planet earth.
- Recycled Crafts – Crafts and Classroom Activities Using Recycled Materials. With our amazing collection recycled projects, you’ll find hundreds of uses for toilet paper rolls, egg cartons, paper plates!
- Science Activities
- Sensory Bins
- Shape Activities – One of the first things to learn about in preschool is shapes. By understanding shapes students can develop skills in math (thanks to understanding how many corners a shape has) and can also do fun art activities that incorporate shapes.
- Shark Craft
- Snow (Snowflakes, Snowman Craft)
- Space Theme
- Spider Theme – All of these activities and crafts incorporate a theme of spiders into them as either a part of or focus of the activity/craft.
- Spring Theme
- St Patricks Day
- Sticky Theme (Tape Activities)
- Summer (Sun)
- Thanksgiving Theme (Turkey Craft) – All of these posts relate to Thanksgiving decor, activities and crafts. A number of them involve Turkeys as well as the Fall season.
- Transportation Theme
- Wild Animals Theme – When it comes to discussing an animal countless kinds exist to choose from! You can talk about a particular animal’s movements, its habitats, size, or read one of countless books starring the animals of your choice!
- Weather Theme
- Winter Theme – Whether you’re looking for winter animals, snowmen, snowflakes, or want to just explore snow, here are some fabulous resources for planning your preschool winter theme activities, crafts and printables.