Durham Pre-K (@DurhamPrek) in Durham, North Carolina made this fun number game with fish puppets that you can build and play with at home too!
Making Your Fish Puppet Number Game
To make your fish puppet number game you will need:
- Pieces of construction paper (Durham Pre-K Used Yellow)
- Popsicle Sticks
- An egg carton
Then, once you’ve gathered all the materials you can assemble the game following these directions:
- Cut out pieces of paper in the shape of a fish, 12 total.
- Give the fish faces and dots, one fish gets a single dot, another fish gets two spots, and so forth up to 12.
- Tape the paper fish to popsicle sticks.
- Take the egg carton and write a number on each end going from 1 through 12.
- Now you are ready to play the fish puppet number game!
How to Play the Fish Puppet Number Game
You play the fish puppet number game by matching the correct fish puppet with the number listed on the egg carton. For example, a fish with 5 dots will go in the spot on the egg carton with a 5. While matching all 12 of the fish you can sing the song pictured above too for extra fun!
Source for Photos: Durham Pre-K