At AppleTree Early Care and Preschool they had a theme for the week of, “Ocean wonders.” As a part of this theme they worked on fine motor skills and had a sensory experience by taking sandpaper shaped like starfishes and using them with crayons to, “Rub,” an image onto some construction paper!
Materials needed for the sandpaper starfish craft
To do this craft you will need:
- Construction paper
- Crayons (with the paper peeled off)
How to do the sandpaper starfish craft
To do this craft follow these steps:
- Take your sandpaper and scissors. Cut a starfish shape out of the sandpaper.
- Grab a crayon and put it between your sandpaper starfish and the construction paper.
- Rub the starfish with your hand and use it to move the crayon along the construction paper and draw.
- Use another crayon to draw with another color and repeat until you’re done.
- Show your creation off!
Source for photos: Appletree Early Care and Preschool