At AppleTree Early Care and Preschool they learned how, “S is for square,” and practiced cutting squares out of pieces of paper to develop their fine motor skills.
Materials needed for the square cutting activity
To do this activity you need:
- Safety scissors
- Paper with a square outline printed upon it
How to do the square cutting activity
Follow these steps for the cutting activity:
- Talk with your toddler about, “S is for square,” and that they will be trying to cut a square out of a piece of paper by following the lines.
- Give your toddler their safety scissors and the sheet of paper.
- Help them to cut the square outline out of the paper.
- Recycle the paper when done!
Source for photos: AppleTree Early Care and Preschool