At Mediapolis Childcare & Preschool they had a bunch of fun painting an American flag on a large sheet of paper used as a canvas! They used paint brushes and their hands for this patriotic craft that works great for Meorial Day, July 4th, or Labor Day!
Materials needed for the American flag-themed painting activity
To do this painting activity you will need:
- A large sheet of paper
- Tape (any kind that can hold the paper down works)
- Red and blue paint (tempera or acrylic is best)
- Hands you don’t mind getting messy
How to do the American flag-themed painting activity
Follow these steps to make your American flag-themed craft:
- Lay the large sheet of paper on the floor.
- Apply tape all around the edges of the paper to hold it in place.
- Decide where the top and bottom of your flag will be.
- Start making red lines of paint with your paintbrush (these are the red stripes).
- Put blue paint on your hands and put handprints in the top-left part of your craft (where stars are normally seen on the flag).
- Wait for the paint to dry and then remove the tape from your craft and proudly display your American flag-themed creation!
Source for Photos: Mediapolis Childcare & Preschool