At Global Kids Preschool they enjoyed decorating a large marker-drawing of a butterfly so that it became colorful and beautiful! The children used paintbrushes as well as gluing crepe paper to make the butterfly gorgeous.
Materials needed for the large butterfly decoration activity
To do this activity you will need:
- A large piece of paper/posterboard paper
- A black marker
- Crepe paper
- Paint (acrylic or tempera works well)
How to do the large butterfly decoration activity
Follow these steps to decorate the butterfly:
- Use your black marker to draw a large butterfly on the big piece of paper.
- Glue crepe paper onto the butterfly to start making it colorful
- Take your paint and being coloring-in the butterfly with a group of children, making it very colorful where the crepe paper has not yet been placed or you can paint the paper a bit too.
- Wait for the paint to dry and admire your beautiful and colorful butterfly
Source for photo: Global Kids Preschool